Honors Hall at West Virginia University, 250 2nd St, Morgantown, WV 26505
Flying: Shuttle Information
If you are flying into the Pittsburgh airport, a shuttle driver from Wheeling Limo service will greet you at the bottom of the escalator near baggage claim, holding a sign with your name. They will drop you off at the residence hall where you will check in. If there are any problems with your limo service, contact their help line at (304) 232-1175.
Driving: Directions and Parking
If you’re driving, will need to purchase a parking pass at the rate of $10 per week. The pass can be purchased at the dorm front desk when you check in. Participants with a pass can park in the ST5 parking space on Grant Avenue next to the Honors Hall where you will be staying. (See bottom of Location page for links to campus maps.)
From I-79 South (Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland)
Take exit 155 toward WV-7/W Virginia University (0.4 mi). Turn left onto Chaplin Road (0.7 mi). Continue onto US-19 S/Monongahela Blvd (2.5 mi). Turn left onto 8rd St (0.1 mi). Turn right onto Grant Ave (0.5 mi). Turn right onto 2nd St. The Honors Hall will be on your left.
From I-79 North (Kentucky & Southwest)
Take exit 152 for US-19 toward Westover/Morgantown (0.3 mi). Turn right onto US-19 N (2.0 mi). Turn left onto University Ave (0.2 mi). Continue onto Beechurst Ave (0.4 mi). Turn right onto Campus Dr (338 ft). Sharp left onto McLane Ave (499 ft). Turn right onto 2nd St. The Honors Hall will be on your right.
From I-68 West (Virginia, North Carolina, & Southeast)
Take exit 7 toward WV-705/Airport/Pierpont (0.3 mi). Turn right onto Cheat Rd (signs for WV-705) (1.0 mi). Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto US-119 S/Mileground Rd (1.4 mi). At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto US-119 S (0.7 mi). Turn right onto College Ave (0.8 mi). Turn right onto University Ave (0.3 mi). Turn left onto 2nd St. The Honors Hall will be on your left.
Participants will stay in the WVU Honors Hall, which is easy walking distance to the Downtown Library where all workshop sessions, including breakfast and lunch, will be held. The residence hall offers single-occupancy rooms with suite-style bathrooms. KairosCamp offers a shuttle service for those with limited mobility. Contact Cheryl for more details.
We received special permission to use the residence hall for this workshop, but that means we must vacate by noon on Friday, August 4. We have arranged (and paid for) for anyone flying out on Saturday to stay in the local, historic Hotel Morgan in downtown Morgantown. The shuttle driver will pick you up at the hotel Saturday morning to take you to the Pittsburgh airport. We will notify you of those times later on.
Remember you’re staying in a residence hall. It is nice, and fairly new (built in 2007), but please read the information below carefully so you know what to expect and can plan accordingly.
What is provided/what you must bring:
- Linens: They may not be up to your standards. (There’s a reason we call it “Camp!”) You may want to bring shower shoes, a small robe, a larger towel, and a washcloth.
- Laundry: You can buy $4 cards at the Main Desk. You must provide your own detergent.
- Microwave: one is available on every floor.
- Refrigerator: One is available in the break room near the entrance. The break room is always open, but you will need to label your food.
- There is no kitchen access, so all the food you bring must be ready to eat or microwavable.
- Extras you might want to bring if you have space: your own pillow, small lamp, small coffee pot/kettle, and an extra blanket.
A few other things to consider:
- Morgantown is built into the mountains, and parts of it are fairly hilly so good walking shoes are highly recommended. KairosCamp also offers a shuttle service for those with limited mobility. Contact Cheryl for more details.
- Morgantown is also a rain-forest climate. It can rain unexpectedly and be hot and humid or very cool at night, so bring layers.
- We will make a grocery store run the first evening. There is no kitchen access, so all the food you purchase must be ready to eat or microwavable.
- If you need coffee really early before our morning session begins, there is a large Sheetz convenience store a block from the dorms. Otherwise, go to The Grind coffee shop in town next to the library (M-F, 7:00 am; weekends, 8:00 am).