From Concept to Work Plan – Summer 2017
Authors will be participating in hands-on workshops that will help forward their digital humanities projects. They will move from the conception of a project idea to a proposal, work plan, or prototype.
By the time authors leave these workshops, they will have learned to
- analyze existing multimedia scholarship for precedence and models
- finalize media-specific research questions
- select the correct media, technology, and platforms for their project
- examine possible venues to publish their project and plan for matching that venue’s submission/publication guidelines
- draft and peer-review in-progress work products (e.g., scripts, storyboards, proposals, etc.) based on the proposed venue’s evaluation criteria
- create a workplan to complete a project
Authors attending the Summer 2017 workshop might also leave with proposal materials suitable for applying to the NEH-Mellon Fellowship for Digital Publication.